Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up hybridization or hybridize in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Hybridisation (or hybridization) may refer to:
- Hybridisation (biology), the process of combining different varieties of organisms to create a hybrid
- Orbital hybridisation, in chemistry, the mixing of atomic orbitals into new hybrid orbitals
- Nucleic acid hybridization, the process of joining two complementary strands of nucleic acids - RNA, DNA or oligonucleotides
- In evolutionary algorithms, the merging two or more optimization techniques into a single algorithm
- Memetic algorithm, a common template for hybridisation
- In linguistics, the process of one variety blending with another variety
- The alteration of a vehicle into a hybrid electric vehicle
- In globalization theory, the ongoing blending of cultures
- Hybridization in political election campaign communication, the combining of campaign techniques developed in different countries
- In paleoanthropology, the controversial hypothesis of Neanderthal and human hybridization
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hybridisation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.